Ke Aloha Ho’okahi Preschool was birthed from seeing the need and opportunity for families in the downtown area for a convenient, affordable, and Christ-centered preschool. Our school opened on March 12, 2012 with 5 enrolled children, and has quickly grown since then. KAHP is supported by, and a ministry of, One Love Ministries.
The Purpose of Ke Aloha Ho’okahi Preschool is to lead children and families to God. Our Mission is to partner with families to train up their children through loving and Christ-centered education.
Values and Philosophy
- We believe that there is only one true and living God, revealed to us and described in the Bible. We believe that Jesus died for all people; that everlasting life comes through a personal trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin; that Christ gives purpose to life; and that with His help and strength, we will live full and meaningful lives. Therefore, God, prayer and the Bible are central to every aspect of our school.
- We believe that each person is created in the image of God and has unique and infinite value and worth. Therefore, we embrace all learning styles, cultures, and backgrounds.
- We believe the preschool years are crucial to building a firm foundation of character and confidence. Therefore, we seek to offer a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in a comfortable, non-competitive, and nurturing environment that produces spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and cognitive (intellectual) opportunities for growth.
- We believe parents are the primary influencers and faith trainers of their children, and preschool should complement the family structure whenever possible. Therefore, we strive to operate more like a family instead of an institution.
Core Objectives for our Children
- To be confident, independent, and kind individuals
- To succeed in the core competencies:
- Social-Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Cognitive Development
- Language Development
- To have a firm understanding about God and the Bible
KAHP is a licensed preschool in the state of Hawaii and meets all Department of Human Services requirements. KAHP receives a Certificate of Approval annually from the State of Hawaii’s Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Care Licensing Division for licensing of 57 children. KAHP is approved to provide group child care for children that are twenty-four months (2 years) and younger than 6 years old. KAHP facility, operational procedures, and staff are reviewed annually for approval by a DHS case worker.